Re: The next Question..

GOBI 2010 <gobi2010@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What kinds of fossil plants have been found from the Cretaceous Gobi?

According to _Dinosaur Worlds_ by Don (sorry Brian!) Lessem:

"The sparse vegetation of Late Cretaceous Mongolia included the shrublike
_Dalembya; the bare-looking, weedy _Ephedra_; and the _Kirengoshoma_ plant,
with its shield-shaped leaves."

I haven't read it, but I think that you might get more thorough information
from the following source:

Vakhrameev, V. A. (1991). _Jurassic and Cretaceous Floras and the Climates
of the Earth_. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.

There are also paleobotany web sites and organizations, but I don't have
information on them.

-- Ralph Miller III     gbabcock@best.com