spinning stegos

I have heard, read some stuff about how stegosaurs defended themselves.
They were thought to be rather slow and that the plates ont the backs
were not particularly useful as armor per se.  That leaves the tail
spikes.  Being conservative the tail can protect only 1/4 of the body.
Now, stegosaurs support roughly 75% on their hind legs.  So I thought
that it would be a simple matter for them to briefly rear up and take a
side step allowing them to spin very quickly.  I am not suggesting they
spun like a top during combat, but considering their center of balance,
surely they could spin faster than a predator could circle around them.
This would not work so well for pack hunters as the stegos would not be
able to spin around fast enough to keep several small agile hunters
away.  does anyone know of stegosaur bones found with predator remains
that would support or dispute this little scenario?

Joe Daniel