Re: TETRAPODS, PHYLOGENETIC TAXONOMY, AND CLEAR DEFINITIONS

In a message dated 98-07-24 03:08:22 EDT, jwoolf@erinet.com writes:

<< But if the input is
 wrong, the output will also be wrong -- the same way, every time.  And if the
 program is flawed, the output will be flawed -- the same way, every time.
Been
 there, seen that, got the battle-scars.  I don't place blind faith in
computer
 analyses, and I get skeptical whenever anyone else does. >>

I once served time, long ago, as a programmer, until I became fed up with
solving other people's problems for them. I know how computer analyses can
snow people, and also how much GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) goes on in the
business. (How little things have changed, eh?) As a computer programmer, I
should have embraced cladistic analysis with all four tentacles, but the
aforementioned proclivities continue to keep me wary and skeptical.