Many things

Richard W Travsky wrote:

>I do not think that dino sinuses motivated brow ridge enlargement.

Well, the theropods that have lacrimal ornamentation also tend to have
pretty well developed lacrimal recesses...

Joe Daniel wrote:

>Since dinos are thought to have evolved from small carnivorous forms,
>does anyone know of any dinos that are thought to have possibly been
>omnivorous that could have evolved into the herbivorous dinos?

Some paleontologists have speculated that prosauropods may have been omnivorous.

DinoGeorge wrote:

>Actually, you do, if you believe that _L. gracilis_ did not appear by special
>creation, or, even if it did, that you didn't chance upon the very earliest
>specimen that appeared on earth. What you have no evidence for is >how far
>back in time before your FAD< the species extends.

A much better way of saying it.  However, as we scientists should err on the
side of caution, extrapolations of the FAD of a particular species (rather
than the lineage containing that species) is problematic.  That is why we
use this datum (an observation) rather than an extrapolation.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661