Re: I COME IN PEACE

Larry, it seems ironic that your alleged subject is, "I COME IN PEACE",
when it begins with your saying, "Dan, Dan, Dan.  Your prejudices are
showing..."   The latter could be taken as a personal put-down with an
unabashed, highly pedantic tone.

    My impression of Dan's statement (quoted by you in the beginning of the
referenced post) is that he was not referring to stigmatization because of
any association with purely scientific UFO studies, but, instead, to your
original question as to whether I am the Ray Stanford from Texas, "who was
waiting for UFO's [sic]..."  Which might easily be taken to imply an
association with the STARGATE (or whatever it was called) cult (whose leader
was from Texas), that committed mass suicide, not so long ago.

    Now, I've responded -- once more --to this on-list only because  you've
inserted what should be a personal matter into a list posting, and, since
Mickey generously allowed you to post it, I'm hoping he will be as generous
with me.  I stress once more, this is a DINOSAUR list.  So why head a
posting, "I COME IN PEACE"? -- or discuss UFOs?

    Your posted statement, ..."the connection of a listmember [Namely ME! --
RS] to the scientific study of extraterrestrial life..." is misleading about
my studies.  Why?  I HAVE NOT BEEN TRYING TO STUDYING EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL
LIFE.  My studies are only an instrumented search for any UFO PHYSICS that
might be monitored during observation of seemingly anomalous sky objects.  I
have long stressed that the project is a straight-forward study of physics
and has no data that would point to any specific area of origin (whether
terrestrial, extra-terrestrial, or even from any speculative 'realm'
incomprehensible to us).  Now, Larry, if you, privately, have some knowledge
that UFOs have an extra-terrestrial origin, fine.  Post that to one of the
many UFO-fan lists, they'd eat it with a spoon

    This will be my last time to take up list space with a thread that
(without action from Mickey)could continue as long as 'Did certain theropods
pack hunt?'  Frankly I have better ways to make my day(s) productive -- both
for myself and, hopefully, for society.

    If you, Larry, or anyone else has questions about my cretaceous-track
studies, I will try to find time to respond; but, please, let's keep our
feet on the ground.  We could learn more about the list subject that way.

    Ray Stanford