Re: Sauropod extinction

-----Original Message-----From: Sherry Michael <MICHAELS@preit.com>Date: 25
July 1998 09:35
Subject: Sauropod extinction

> Since I'm feeling chatty today, I'll start another sauropod thread:

What do you think happened to the sauropods at the end of the Jurassic? I
think it is very intriguing that N.A. species got hammered, but many
sauropods thrived until the late Cretaceous in other places (such as South
America). What happened in N.A. that didn't occur in places such as S.A.?

-Sherry Michael
ANSP
<

Migration?

M.J.Murphy said:   " . . . whacks it upside the skull."  I believe this
usage is common - would someone like to enlighten me?    i.e., what does
"upside" on its own mean?

JJ