Re: The Potentials....

I think that would definitely have to be a troodon formosus.  Dale Russell
believes that it was evolving into a true biped.  He went so far as to have
an actual model created, showing what he believed it would look like today,
had it not gone extinct.  Kinda looks like one of those "sleestacks" from
that old kids show "Land of the Lost".  The skull cap from one of these
animals was apparantly shown to Leakey, who thought it looked more like a
primate skull than a dino skull.

Michael