Re: The Potentials....

Michael Schmidt wrote:

> I think that would definitely have to be a troodon formosus.  Dale Russell
> believes that it was evolving into a true biped.  He went so far as to have
> an actual model created, showing what he believed it would look like today,
> had it not gone extinct.  Kinda looks like one of those "sleestacks" from
> that old kids show "Land of the Lost".  The skull cap from one of these
> animals was apparantly shown to Leakey, who thought it looked more like a
> primate skull than a dino skull.
>
> Michael

Is a true biped, then, one that does not require a tail for balance?

Troodon...or some species of raptor...has always been my thought, mainly
because of  Dale Russell's model.

BTW...I used to LOVE that show.....

--
John M. Dollan
Montana State University-Northern

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe...."  Carl Sagan