Re: ORNITHOMIMID THERIZINOSAURS

I wrote:

<<However, many characters of the skull and postctrania (except the
foot) are similar to ornithomimosaurs and oviraptorosaurs, a position
I've found best advocated by Peter Buchholtz.>>

Matt Troutmann wrote:

<Actually, I think that Pete decided that therizinosaurs are
bullatosaurian ornithomimid relatives, a position that I hold to, as
well as Sereno, but not oviraptorosaurs.>

  Yes, I'd forgotten the definition of Oviraptorosauria, so was
confused. However, I wrote in the sense of a trichotomy: they were
either closer to oviraptorosaurs, or ornithimimosaurs and/or
bullatosaurs, not falling equally between the two groups.

  Sorry for the confusion.

==
Jaime A. Headden

Qilong, the website, at: