Re: Paradoxically temporal

About this "ability to mate' definition........there are species such as the
Hawaiian goose where the surviving populations are so small and so interrelated
that breeding is not always viable.
The last of any species for that matter- breeding can NOT occur.  Such as the
last Carolina Passenger Pigeon in captivity -it remained it's own species even
though it had no ability to mate with it's own species.

-Betty

--
           Betty Cunningham