Re: DIPLODOCUS NECKS

 As a side note, I was listening to a radio broadcast this weekend and the show
was being taped in Dawson somewhere up in 'the Yukon'.
They interviewed a bush vet that had amazingly enough, performed a trachiotomy
on
an emu.

She said she had gotten a radio call that a dog had messed with this emu and
that
the bird was looking pretty bad, could she come out?  She said she had never
even
seen an emu but heck she'd give it a go.  So she 4-Wheeled it up to this ranch,
got out, went with the rancher to find the emu, tied it down, gave it a
trachiotomy, and it then proceeded to 'spew vomitus on everybody all around'.
The
emu survived.  However the emu (male) did not eventually choose to breed with
his
female counterpart, Ema, so eventually the ranchers ate him.

This is the only reference I've ever heard to bird trachiotomies.

-Betty

--
           Betty Cunningham