Dem Therizinosaurs

"Jonathan R. Wagner" <znc14@TTACS.TTU.EDU> wrote (possibly quoting other
posters):

> basal maniraptorform phylogeny is in such flux that it is probably best
represented by > a trichotomy of Maniraptora, Ornithomimisauria,
Troodontidae, Tyrannosauridae,
> Therizinosauroidea, and Oviraptorsauria

> I think that Pete decided that therizinosaurs are bullatosaurian ornithomimid
> relatives

I think I'LL propose they were ankylosaurs - that's about the only theory I
haven't heard yet!     :-)

> Mix and match to your heart's content, and wait for the next Holtz
monograph...
> hopefully it'll be out before the next Star Wars movie

I'm beginning to suspect therizinosaurs are going to be IN the next Star
Wars movie!
(In the Mos Eisley Cantina, right behind that fellow with the purple
antennae...)

(I'm really glad I'm not in therizinosaur studies - I get the impression
madness lies therein!)

Posted with affection and sympathy -
Jeffrey Willson <jwillson@harper.cc.il.us>