Utahraptor's sickle claw

I was perusing Luis Rey's website, which by the way has some wonderful
artwork by a clearly excellent artist, (nice job, Luis!) when I noticed
a comment he made concerning utahraptors.  He claimed that the sicle
claw is not thought to be the main killing weapon and were used more for
holding on so that the hand claws could deliver the lethal attacks.  Is
this the currently accepted viewpoint?  He also said that the claw was
more rounded in shape.  The few sickle claws I have seen didn't look all
that rounded to me and appeared quite lethal and capable of delivering
deep gashes.  Course, I haven't seen much at all in person so I was
wondering if my very small sample size of uncertain dromeasaurid origin
was skewed.

Joe Daniel