Re: Utahraptor's sickle claw

In a message dated 98-07-30 14:14:09 EDT, Luis Rey wrote:

<< here I see the opposite of what
 I'm arguing for... Velociraptor seems to be holding the skull with its
 hands while kicking the neck and belly of Protoceratops...)

 All very intriguing, but pure speculation, I'm afraid. >>

  Note also that the Velociraptor "appears" to be flexing its head away from
the protoceratops. Owls, hawks, and other "raptors" do this to avoid head
injuries. Makes for wonderful poses. I must join you in the speculation
disclaimer also, however. Dan Varner.