Re: OVIRAPTOROSAURIA! Part One [Overview]

>>Feathered? Just out of curiosity, were any ground surface impressions
>>preserved at this site? Impressions that would indicate feathers?

>    The Oviraptor(s) over their nests with spread arms seem to suggest that
>feathered arms protected eggs from thermal extremes.
>
>    No, there have not been any feather impressions noticed, BUT...

<snip>

I hate to disagree with Ray (remember what happened last time?) but, if
feather impressions have not been found, then their presence in oviraptors
must remain speculation and be stated as such. Being fair to Ray, he did
say that it should be specultaion which he then transmuted into a
probability. My real beef is with the original post which simply said
oviraptors were feathered. No hint here that it is speculation.

Remember gang, the world is listening.

Cheers,

Paul

Dr Paul M.A. Willis
Consulting Vertebrate Palaeontologist
Quinkana Pty Ltd
pwillis@ozemail.com.au

If smoking kills, how come it cures salmon?