T rex coprolite ?

Hiya,

I have been wondering, perhaps someone can help me out with this - how
do we know that this T rex coprolite, indeed any coprolite is in fact
that ?. Apart from observations like, there is a large amount of organic
material/bone in the matrix, the "coprolite" matrix is chemically
different from the surrounding sediment I am not aware of any test that
can show " hey, this thing is definately a shit", right ?.

Havent chemical tests that have tried to identify things like enyzymes
derived from digestive processes etc etc all been unsucessful ?.

Please help me here if you can !

gareth

Gareth J. Dyke
Dept of Earth Sciences