Re: Understanding names (long)

In a message dated 98-05-01 03:17:31 EDT, nking.ucs@smtp.usi.edu writes:

<< There are still some good people out there who think that
 Arctometatarsalia, as originally proposed, is a monophyletic Clade, and
 it may not be possible to convince them otherwise. >>

I don't know about "originally proposed," but as presently defined it is by
definition a monophyletic group. A few members that were once considered part
of it have apparently been found to belong elsewhere--a finding that remains
debatable in my opinion (even if the original author agrees with it!).