Crocodiles|Outlasting the Dinosaurs

I just received an Earthwatch press release (citing an interview posted on
the Nova web site), which notes that crocodiles can survive for long
periods without eating, and suggests that might explain how they survived
the KT extinction while the dinosaurs did not. I include the most relevant
part below; you can check the whole interview at the Nova site.