Re: Rex cornering overview addendum

At 05:38 AM 4/28/98 -0400, ngear@gvtc.com wrote:
>P.S.  RE: rex the ambush hunter; is there anything about rex to
>suggest its enormous size and mass would have been particularly
>adaptive with respect to either acceleration or concealment?

Actually, I would think the size was to take down the large prey
effectively - that is to provide power for an attack on such things as
Anatotitan.
>think I don't understand this scenario.

Well, I really wouldn't go so far as calling it a scenario - more like a
random thought I had.

To be honest, my model wasn't even a land animal.  I was thinking of a
moray eel, which attacks more or less straight ahead in one quick lunge.

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com