Dinosaur TV Week

Mirrored as of late Sunday night at
http://members.tripod.com/~megalania/dinotv.html

                              *  *  *

Here are some highlights of U.S. national television programming
concerning dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, all times Eastern:

This week on TLC: Dinomania!

Note that many of the TLC progams listed below seem to be Paleoworld
episodes, but are not labeled as such.  May be that TLC has repackaged
them, or it might just be my TV guide database failing to specify the
series name.

Monday, May 4

TLC, 10:00pm
Valley Of Venom
Evolution of snakes.

TLC, 10:30pm
Baby Monsters
Gorgo?  No, a look at the Montana site and how dinosaurs raised their
young.

Tuesday, May 5

TLC, 1:00am (some opt to regard this as "late night Monday")
Valley Of Venom

TLC, 1:30am
Baby Monsters

TRAVEL Channel, 7:30pm
Outdoor Journal
"Texas Dude Ranch"
Includes segment on Alberta's dinosaurs.

TLC, 10:00pm
Loch Ness Secret
Investigating whether Nessie is a dinosaur.  So much to correct, so
little time.

TLC, 10:30pm
Dawn of the Dinos
A look at a New Mexico dig and its yield.

Wednesday, May 6

TLC, 1:00am
Loch Ness Secret

TLC, 1:30am
Dawn of the Dinos

TLC, 10:00pm
Secrets of the Brontosaurus
Dated Warren Beatty.  Was into leather.

TLC, 10:30pm
Muttaburrasaurus
A dino from Oz, mate!  Discovered by a cowboy!

Thursday, May 7

TLC, 1:00am
Secrets of the Brontosaurus

TLC, 1:30am
Muttaburrasaurus

TLC, 10:00pm (1 hr)
Dinosaur Park
DPP in Alberta, Canada.

Friday, May 8

TLC, 1:00am (1 hr)
Dinosaur Park

TLC, 10:00pm (1 hr)
When Pigs Ruled the Earth
Lystrosaurs.  I kid you not.  My computer TV database announces that
they were "gentle, pig-like dinosaurs!"  Ah, how little computer people
know about paleontology.

Saturday, May 9

TLC, 1:00am (1 hr)
When Pigs Ruled the Earth

Sunday, May 10

Discovery Channel, 9:30am
Bonehead Detectives of the Paleoworld
Children's program about paleontology.  This episode: "The Terrible
Gorgons" -- pre-dino reptiles.

TLC, 1:00pm (1 hr)
When Pigs Ruled the Earth

TLC, 2:00pm (1 hr)
Dinosaur Park

TLC, 3:00pm
Secrets of the Brontosaurus

TLC, 3:30pm
Muttaburrasaurus

TLC, 4:00pm
Loch Ness Secret

TLC, 4:30pm
Dawn of the Dinos

TLC, 5:00pm
Valley Of Venom

TLC, 5:30pm
Baby Monsters

Bob Bakker doesn't get nearly enough airtime,
Larry