Re: [Re: my working hypothesis for body size]

At 02:57 AM 5/3/98, Archosaur J wrote:

>> This decline is somewhat hard to demonstrate.  First off, the largest
>> theropods and the largest sauropods known are from the Cretaceous.
>Other than _Argentinosaurus_, I've found most Cretaceous sauropods to be
rather small in size (comparitively) _Alamosaurus_ and Amargosaurus_.

>All the real big sauropods seem to be late Jurassic, like
_Ultrasauros_(read: real big Brach) and _Seismosaurus_(read: real large Diplo)

>Argentinosaurs seem more the exception than the rule.

Let me introduce you to my friends, Argyrosaurus and Antarctosaurus giganteus...

The enormous size of some of the Argentine sauropods has been long known;
the Morrison boys simply have some REALLY good press agents.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661