Re: Diagnoses

In a message dated 98-05-04 15:08:22 EDT, twilliams@canr1.cag.uconn.edu
writes:

<< Considering the presumed ontogenetic stage of the _Archaeornithoides_
specimen, the
 jaw material may be of negligible phylogenetic value.  (Is it true that the
specimen
 was originally regarded as a coming from an embryo tarbosaur?)  >>

If memory serves me, you may find this specimen mentioned by Greg Paul in
PDOTW somewhere under _Aublysodon_. I recall seeing the specimen back in 1981
or so when I visited Mike Brett-Surman at the Smithsonian. Greg and Andrej
were both there looking it over under a loupe. (That shows how long it has
taken to describe it.)