Re: Irritator & Archaeornithoides (was Re: Diagnoses)

> Actually, it IS published: in Charig & Milner's _Baryonyx_ monograph, and in
> Kellner's review of Brazilian dinosaurs in 1996.

You're referering to Kellner's paper resulting from of the Gondwana
symposium, Mem. Qld. Mus?  I've got that volume; I'll check.

The _Baryonyx_ monograph I don't have.  Do you have a reference?

> I suspect _Archaeornithoides_ will yet prove to be a maniraptoriform of some
> sort, but more than that is uncertain at present.

I was thinking of that paper some years back on a hatchling/embryo
velociraptorine found in an oviraptorid egg-mound with oviraptorid
eggs (Norell et al., 1994).  The dentition was very different from that of
adult
velociraptorines.  Using material from such young specimens to
establish the affinities of the genera to which they belong must be
fraught with trouble, I would have thought.

So, _Archaeornithoides_ is no hatchling tarbosaur then?