Re: cornering the latex market

An outraged Jeff Martz queried:

>     WHAT?  Where did you hear this?  That is really strange.  They
seem
>to have gone to great lengths to make the new _Godzilla_ look like an
>anatomically correct dinosaur, and it is explicitly stated in several
of
>the old _Godzilla_ films (including the original) that _Godzilla_ is a
>dinosaur (also check out Kenneth Carpenter's article in the new
Godzilla
>Compendium referring it to the Ceratosaurs).  I can't imagine whey they
>would change that; I would think a giant mutated dinosaur would have
more
>of a draw then a giant mutated iguana.

Major spoiler alert, mark II.   Read at your own peril.

Jeff, you're obviously too busy reading paleontology texts and other
such nonsense to keep track of the various internet rumors that should
in fact occupy most of your waking hours.  (Oh, and I have a source
that's confirmed all of the below info, who I cannot reveal at this
time. )

It's a fact.  Godzilla 98 was created by one of those nasty French
nuclear tests in the South Pacific, in which an entire island was wiped
out, except for a single irradiated iguana egg which then becomes the
Big G.  In fact, there's a whole French bad-guy theme in the movie --
well, the Japanese series blamed the U.S. for everything . . . .  Jean
Reno (from The Professional) plays a French agent who tracks Matthew
Broderick down while Broderick is tracking Godzilla.

Remember that this is a new franchise.  What sense does it make to have
a dinosaur "awakened" after 65 million years?  Emmerich and Devlin
thought it'd be somewhat *less* implausible to have Godzilla be a
mutated extant animal rather than a "reawaked" extinct one.  They also
had to please Toho, who wanted nuclear disaster to remain a central
aspect of the movie.

Viola.  Iguana.  One helluva big, odd iguana, to be sure. The movie
promises to be really stupid a la Independance Day and Stargate, and
hopefully a good time.

Have a nice day.

Larry