re: cornering the latex market

larrydunn@hotmail.com writes:
<SNIP>
 >  Remember that this is a new franchise.  What sense does it make to have
>  a dinosaur "awakened" after 65 million years?  Emmerich and Devlin
>  thought it'd be somewhat *less* implausible to have Godzilla be a
>  mutated extant animal rather than a "reawaked" extinct one.  They also
>  had to please Toho, who wanted nuclear disaster to remain a central
>  aspect of the movie.

"Will Japan embrace a leaner, meaner Godzilla"
(from The Hollywood Reporter, by Wayne Karrfalt)
<SNIP>
"But marketing the state-of-the-art, digitally enhanced lizard - known as
Gojira in Japan - may not be as easy as it seems. Sony's nuclear-hatched
creature is a very different animal from the Godzilla that Japanese audiences
grew up with and have seen in 22 films so far."

"Compared with the benevolent friend of man depicted in recent Toho
flicks, this Godzilla is a killer. He's also fast. Rather than lumbering
through towns, the new creature can outrun helicopters on slimmed-down
legs."

Recalling the T. rex vs. paleontologists foot-race of last year, I wonder
how they would fare against Godzilla?

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com