Re: [NEW MAGAZINE ARTICLES]

owner-dinosaur@usc.edu wrote:
> For those without a subscription to DISCOVER magazine, the upcoming issue
> (June 1998) has a couple of dinosaur articles that might prove of interest:
>
> In the BREAKTHROUGHS section, under ANCIENT LIFE:
>
> "Bambinosaurus", a one-page look at _Scipionyx samniticus_, with a nice
> photo of the fossil and another photo of the nice-but-not-so-accurate
> model. For those who haven't seen this already in NATURE or TIME, it's
> definitely worth a peek.
>
> Also in DISOVER, in the EVOLUTION WATCH section:
>
> "A Sickle in the Clouds", another one-page article, this time featuring
> _Rahonavis ostromi_, accompanied by a Steve Kirk painting of the archosaur
> swooping down on an unsuspecting mammal.
>
> And if you hurry, you still might be able to find a copy of the May 1998
> issue of the digest-sized DISNEY ADVENTURES magazine (available at
> supermarket checkouts everywhere!), which features a short (three pages)
> article about some of the dinosaurs (and I use that term loosely) in their
> Animal Kingdom exhibit down in Florida. "Styracosaurus" is on the cover,
> and "Carnotaurus" and "Raptor" are inside.
>
> Brian (franczak@ntplx.net)
> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/2045/
I saw that Disney Adventures. OY, talk about your mixed bags. You have the head
of a Velociraptor, stuck on the body of a Deinonychus  and colored like a
grape. Not to mention calling it a "raptor"

Pop culture gets to me at times.

As for Discover, that sounds good and I shouldn't have trouble finding it.
Right now I'm reading the Earth mag on Theropod Eyesight.

Archosaur J