Re: cornering the latex market

From: "Allan Edels" <edels@email.msn.com>

>    Both companies do NOT seem to making mechanicals for the movie -
>"Dreamscape" does CGI and other "Invisible Effects", the other company
was
>selling their make-up ability.

I think Brian was right about the list veering a bit, but a real
paleontologist stated this thread so it MUST have some relevance.  In
any event, this is my last Godzilla post (at least until the movie comes
out!)

They did do an animatronic Godzilla, which cost millions of dollars.  It
was very large and complex.  Devlin and Emmerich justified a smaller
budget than De Bont was willing to deliver based on the use of
animatronics, whereas De Bont had demanded 100% CGI.

Guess what?  The Animatronic Godzilla would not work.  It failed again
and again.  Smoke came out of it (when it wasn't supposed to, that is).
So the movie Godzilla is 100% CGI after all!

Spoiler alert.

I personally have seen the new Godzilla and think it looks like a
poposaur with a spiky back.

Larry