Chasmosaurine finds

As someone with a ceratopsian fetish, it's GREAT to hear of a new
chasmosaurine!!!!!!!! (Finally, a new non-theropod!) Anyone have
pictures, measurements, etc., yet? When is a written description
expected? Any other cool finds?

I talked to Pete Larson the other night about the Wyoming Triceratops
skeleton mentioned earlier on the list. No limbs are present as of yet,
as it sounds (scapula and other bits). However, the ribs and vertebrae
are in excellent condition, with some partial articulation. The
cervicals are well fused, so it seems to be from an adult specimen.
However, the skull is "only" 6 and one-half feet long. Beautifully
preserved, with only one horn missing. The thing is in, but they are
going back to remove some of the overburden in the area in hopes of
finding any stray pieces. I will be going out to look at the specimen
the last week of May, so I can take any photos, etc., that people might
want.

Also, a word of announcment: Preparation has commenced on a Torosaurus
skeleton found in North Dakota. It is about 60 percent complete,
although disarticulated. It includes a partial skull, limbs, vertebrae
and ribs. All around, an excellent specimen! I will be looking at that,
too.

Andy Farke