Re: My 2 cents on dino-artists

This thread is a very BAD IDEA.  For one thing, it's been done before and
for another, you are commenting on people who can read what you say, or
hear about it at any rate.  It's potential for hurting people's feelings
saying uncomplimentary things, or by simple omission is high.  It proves
nothing and serves no purpose.  Go back to Godzilla.

----------
> From: T.A. Curtis <kodiak@inetworld.net>
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Cc: daveyohill@earthlink.net
> Subject: My 2 cents on dino-artists
> Date: Friday, May 08, 1998 10:41 AM
>
>    I have to definitely agree that GSP is one of the best
dino-illustrators
> around, and not just because he can draw well, but because his creatures
> look absolutely real. . . warts and all.  I have no problem imagining
that
> his illustration of an allosaur lying on its side scratching behind its
ear
> with a rear leg is absolutely real (see Predatory Dinos of the World p.
> 119).  And by real, I mean. . . well, it isn't one of his best
> illustrations.  But I can't recall any other artist having the
imagination
> to show a dinosaur doing such a mundane, absolutely *normal* thing.  To
me
> that's almost revolutionary in and of itself.
>
>    I'm sorry I can't agree with your assessment of Luis Rey. . .  Too
> Dali-like.  (Uh-oh.  Let the flaming begin!  :-) )
>
>    Michael Skrepnik:  Awesome!  He's got some illustrations in the
Academic