The True "original" Godzilla was Re: cornering the latex market

Ahh, where would these discussions be without nitpicking!

When speaking of the "original" Godzilla film, one must assume that what
is being spoken of is "Gojira" which is, in fact, the original Japanese
movie, not "Godzilla" which is the
re-made-for-America-with-new-footage-and-dubbing-and-stuff thrown in for
good measure.

In the true original movie, Gojira is (as my failing memory recalls) NOT
a dinosaur, but rather a genuine creature out of Japanese mythology. If
someone wants to call me on this, I'll get out my tape which I've buried
somewhere and find out the exact name of the animal. The original is, in
fact, much more of an authentic "folk tale" than what has come down to
us as "Godzilla."

Perhaps we ought to distinguish "speciation" based upon some new
characteristic, "original" being a little too vague to be diagnostic.

ES

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Dinosaur Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Britannica Internet Guide, Yahoo Editor's Choice, Member of The Paleo
Ring

Teefr - An extraordinary tale of adventure by Edward Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html

10024-0502