Godzilla (spoilers? -- I don't think so) was...Re: cornering the latex market

Uh, well. The studio publicly released an official synopsis which has
all this stuff in it in March.

D.I.G. published it (as press material) about two months ago...
It's in the Celluoid Dinosaurs section if you want to re-read this story
in the form that Tri-Star's publicists wrote it.

Now, they COULD be lying. You know those publicists. And then there's
all those stories out of Roswell, New Mexico.

Does anyone know if the new Godzilla makes a guest appearance in the new
X-FILES movie?

Larry Dunn wrote:

> An outraged Jeff Martz queried:
>
> >     WHAT?  Where did you hear this?  That is really strange.  They
> seem
> >to have gone to great lengths to make the new _Godzilla_ look like an
> >anatomically correct dinosaur, and it is explicitly stated in several
> of
> >the old _Godzilla_ films (including the original) that _Godzilla_ is a
> >dinosaur (also check out Kenneth Carpenter's article in the new
> Godzilla
> >Compendium referring it to the Ceratosaurs).  I can't imagine whey they
> >would change that; I would think a giant mutated dinosaur would have
> more
> >of a draw then a giant mutated iguana.
>
> Major spoiler alert, mark II.   Read at your own peril.
>
> Jeff, you're obviously too busy reading paleontology texts and other
> such nonsense to keep track of the various internet rumors that should
> in fact occupy most of your waking hours.  (Oh, and I have a source
> that's confirmed all of the below info, who I cannot reveal at this
> time. )
>
> It's a fact.  Godzilla 98 was created by one of those nasty French
> nuclear tests in the South Pacific, in which an entire island was wiped
> out, except for a single irradiated iguana egg which then becomes the
> Big G.  In fact, there's a whole French bad-guy theme in the movie --
> well, the Japanese series blamed the U.S. for everything . . . .  Jean
> Reno (from The Professional) plays a French agent who tracks Matthew
> Broderick down while Broderick is tracking Godzilla.
>
> Remember that this is a new franchise.  What sense does it make to have
> a dinosaur "awakened" after 65 million years?  Emmerich and Devlin
> thought it'd be somewhat *less* implausible to have Godzilla be a
> mutated extant animal rather than a "reawaked" extinct one.  They also
> had to please Toho, who wanted nuclear disaster to remain a central
> aspect of the movie.
>
> Viola.  Iguana.  One helluva big, odd iguana, to be sure. The movie
> promises to be really stupid a la Independance Day and Stargate, and
> hopefully a good time.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Larry

AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Dinosaur Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Britannica Internet Guide, Yahoo Editor's Choice, Member of The Paleo
Ring

Teefr - An extraordinary tale of adventure by Edward Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html

10024-0502