Re: Origin of Feathers

Jaime Headden wrote:

>   Indeed. Many birds solve this by endless preening of their plumes or
> long feathers, and I imagine beaked oviraptors would have no problem
> doing this.
>
>SNIP

One of the functions of the tooth-like projections from the palate
perhaps? Maybe ever the reason why some small theropods have such
long arms, to reach places the snout can't? And how about sickle
claws as preening devices? Whoa, three speculations at once. Close
to my record  :)

        Dann Pigdon
        Melbourne, Australia

        Dinosaur Reconstructions: