DINO-ARTIST

     Last time I participated in a thread like this,  I ended up
insulting Brian Franczak ( I'm still sorry Brian ) on accident,  so I'm
proceedng cautiously.

In my opinion the greatest dinosaur artist of the century is either
George Miksch Sutton or Roger Tory Peterson.  They both were great at
illustrating birds no matter the media.  Sutton brought simple realism
with his wonderful pen techinique.  He remains a master at what he did.
Peterson was the first bird artist to label the parts of a bird.  He
followed the footsteps of Audoban in his wonderful paintings.  Both,  in
terms of popularity and influence,  are the greatest dinosaur artists of
the century.

Notable runners-up are Greg Paul and Doug Henderson.  Both are probably
the most produced non-avian dinosaur artists.  Little kids grow up with
Henderson's pictures of Masasaura and his wonderful  pictures of
paleo-environments.  Any artist can tell you that Henderson has a
special skill in his drawings ; both in their realism and atmosphere.
Greg Paul has produced some of the best dinosaur pictures ever.  I am
always astounded when I look at a new Greg Paul or one I have never
seen.  All of his pictures are near photographic snapshots of a world
lost.

Matt Troutman