Pararhabdodon (was Re: MAASTRICHT CONFERENCE PT. 2)

> Unfortunately this talk doesn't seem to have happened. Shame because
> they refer to new skull material of _Pararhabdodon_ which proves that
> it is a hadrosaurid, and not a basal iguanodontian as originally
> described.

... and thus exemplifying one of the potential pifalls of naming new genera
simply by tacking things like "Para-" or "Proto-" or "-oides" onto existing
generic
names.  _Protarchaeopteryx_, _Parasaurolophus_, _Protiguanodon_,
_Dryptosauroides_ ....  I guess they seemed like a good idea at the
time, but all these names now look increasingly inappropriate.
(Thank the gods _Protorosaurus_ bit the dust!)

Come on!  Let's tax our imaginations a little when christening our
new discoveries.  ;-)

TW