Re: Theory on ornithoptering and could Archie do it ?

        Not to put a dent in your glide and miss theroizing for archie, but
consider
many of the predatory birds today that use powered flight to achieve altitude
and then dive (GLIDE) to attack and kill very agile flying and terrestrial
creatures. Prey consists of anything from fish (quite quick and agile), to
rabbits, rodents, reptiles, and other birds. I dont dispute the possibility of
your argument, I just think that assuming a gliding attack WILL miss even most
of the time is possibly inaccurate in view of the predatory birds we observe
today.
Carl