Re: Chesapeake Crater

GS Paul wrote:

>In the Jan 98 Discover, p 80, there was an article about the possibility that
>the Chesapeake and Siberian Popigai craters were formed at the same time some
>35 Myr ago. It attributed the claim to a Canadian-Russian team in July, but no
>further reference was given. Anyone have a citation?

Bottomley-Richard; Grieve-Richard; York-Derek; Masaitis-Victor. (1997) The
age of the Popigai impact event and its relation to events at the Eocene/
Oligocene boundary. Nature (London). 388; 6640, Pages 365-368.

Chris

of the notochord in the Cambrian was where it all went wrong.
It was all downhill from there.