Gerhard Heilmann

     Can anyone, probably on the opposite side of the Atlantic from here in
New Jersey (Darren?), provide biographical information about Gerhard Heilmann,
the brilliant Danish scientist/artist and author of the classic _The Origin of
Birds_(1927)? I mean ANYTHING. I've seen some illustrations from an earlier
publication but otherwise I've been unable to uncover anything about this man
who was certainly one of the most influential figures in VP of this century.
And I've spoken with some old-timers. He is like a supernova that flares
suddenly then quickly disappears. Even birth and death dates would be useful.
     And somewhere there is a motherlode of unpublished artwork...
     Thanks, Dan Varner