Re: Don't say I never spoiled anything for you

Gee whiz, y'all.  Where is our sense of humor?

Actually, I saw the new Big Green Guy last March and I've had pictures
for months, and we didn't publish them, and won't until next week.

Now... why is that?

Well, it is because little kids are ENTITLED to have a little FUN!

 Do any of you remember what it was like to anticipate something in the
days before "Instant Access to Everything on The Net" and the "G*D gave
the me right to tell everybody everything whether they want to know it
or not" syndrome?

As far as Centropolis is concerned, this all makes good publicity, and
gosharootie, I'm lots less concerned about whether Tri-Star is in some
kind of deep conspiracy about covering up what a movie monster looks
like until May 20 when anybody with 8 bucks can go see for themselves,
than I am about Pakistan and the Hydrogen Bomb.

Just to show you how deep and conspiratorial it all is, a publicist from
TriStar promised to give us all the pictures of the Big G that we want
once the movie is open. Those guys! They sure are fascist.

Where did everyone's sense of proportion go?

ES

Larry Dunn wrote:

> From: Jeff Poling <jpoling@dinosauria.com>
>
> >   Just as a warning to everybody:  the studio put out many FAKE
> drawings of
> >the new 'zilla, each different in specific ways, in order to figure out
> >which vendors would leak the info.  Several of these drawings have
> found
> >their way to the internet (and yes, the vendors' contract was
> terminated).
> >This info came from _Wall Street Journal_.
>
> That's what Centropolis wanted you to believe.  The whole story about a
> supposed "purposeful leak" strategy is now known to have been a
> smokescreen to explain away actual leaks.  All of the images released on
> the internet (among them the Fruit of the Loom pictures and the
> sculpture of Godzilla atop the Empire State Building) were valid
> likenesses of the Godzilla you'll see (or decide not to) this summer.
> People attending advanced preview screenings have confirmed this, and
> the legitimate licensed merchandise that's been released early has some
> of these same images in it (such merchandise as the Starlog Movie
> Magazine, the toys that are now available and the cover of Scholastic's
> Summer Book Catalog).
>
> If Centropolis got the Journal to believe them, more power to them.  It
> wouldn't be the first time that the Journal was duped!  Actually, a lot
> of people bought the story and now *really* appreciate the fact that
> Devlin lied to them (and to us).
>
> What's all the fuss about anyway?  I'd venture to guess that he's very
> large, green or brown, and reptilian.  Oh, and I've heard that advance
> screenings indicate that the audiences feel that the movie has great
> effects but lacks the depth and character development of an earlier
> Centropolis film, INDEPENDENCE DAY.
>
> Oh my God.
>
> Larry

AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Dinosaur Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Britannica Internet Guide, Yahoo Editor's Choice, Member of The Paleo
Ring

Teefr - An extraordinary tale of adventure by Edward Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html

10024-0502