feathers

     Hello , I  have been monitoring the list about feathers , and I
would like some
comment on the following to see if it is of any value.......
     I think that perhaps a small dinosaur found a nitch as a predator
of small fish......
     That in that capacity it would develop hollow bones for flotation
purposes......
     Arms would evolve into longer appendages to aid in pushing for
greater speed....
     As perhaps the earth cooled prior to the K/T boundary the need for
greater
     insulation as well as more buoyancy was needed which brought about
proto
    feathers which were only a modification of the scales to a hollow
tubule........
     From there it would seem to me that the need for more speed and
stronger arms
    would lead to eventual flight as an aquatic bird.
     As you comment please remember I'm an amateur
     Thank You
     Earl Wood
     candles@jps.net