Re: Don't say I never spoiled anything for you

I don't know about that.  I've seen the image listed on the post here,
and I've seen another that is completely different (like a spiky
backed Carnotaurus)  They can't both be right!  And the idea of
Godzilla climbing the Empire State Building is confirmed as a
completely untrue rumor.

Joshua Dyal

---Larry Dunn <larrydunn@hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Jeff Poling <jpoling@dinosauria.com>
>
> >   Just as a warning to everybody:  the studio put out many FAKE
> drawings of
> >the new 'zilla, each different in specific ways, in order to figure
out
> >which vendors would leak the info.  Several of these drawings have
> found
> >their way to the internet (and yes, the vendors' contract was
> terminated).
> >This info came from _Wall Street Journal_.
>
> That's what Centropolis wanted you to believe.  The whole story
about a
> supposed "purposeful leak" strategy is now known to have been a
> smokescreen to explain away actual leaks.  All of the images
released on
> the internet (among them the Fruit of the Loom pictures and the
> sculpture of Godzilla atop the Empire State Building) were valid
> likenesses of the Godzilla you'll see (or decide not to) this
summer.
> People attending advanced preview screenings have confirmed this, and
> the legitimate licensed merchandise that's been released early has
some
> of these same images in it (such merchandise as the Starlog Movie
> Magazine, the toys that are now available and the cover of
Scholastic's
> Summer Book Catalog).
>
> If Centropolis got the Journal to believe them, more power to them.
It