Re: Dinoaur Trivia Question

Virginia Tidwell wrote:
<<Coelophysis>>

Phil Bigelow replied:
<I didn't know about this material. The type collection of Coelophysis
comes from the Kayenta Formation at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico,
which is Late Triassic. It is possible that the Cloverly Formation-
equivalent beds in Northern Wyoming could have produced the
Wyoming material, but I doubt it.

Is the Kayenta Formation found in Wyoming?>

  The Cloverly, to my knowledge, is Early Cretaceous. Someone tell me if
there is confirmed *Coelphysis* specimens from the Jurassic, but a LT
jump to EC?

Jaime A. Headden