Re: PROBLEM WITH AMPHIBIAN GILLS

> Don't get in an uproar if the term is unfamiliar to you as an
individual: it
> might be familiar to many more people.

I'm not in an uproar, but it seems to me that the strict cladists
often are.  As an example, look at the tons of posts that are sitting
in the archives about how "birds are dinosaurs" or some other
cladistically correct but otherwise misleading example, where cladists
bash the innocent questioner.  Quite often, the question originally
asked is ignored, even though everyone knew exactly what was meant, in
an effort to propagate the more modern terms.  This seems to me, at
least, to be absurd, esp. in a forum that is not particularly academic
or scholarly, and one that theoretically is conducive to easy access
to knowledge about the subject in question (i.e. dinosaurs.)

Joshua Dyal