CONFUCIUSORNIS POSTURE

Though I shouldn't really be sending this since I have not yet read the
Scientific American articles I can put some input into this.

POSTURE

Depending on where the bird is standing the posture changes.  If the
bird is perching, the bird is in a semi-vertical to vertical posture.
While it is on ground is a different matter completely... Depending on
the weight of the hindlimbs and the ability of the forelimbs to fold,
the posture can be horizontal to near-vertical.  Let me point out
something, Confuciusornis coud fold its forelimbs and this >could< bring
the body in a vertical posture.  Look at Pennycuick's work in regard to
the posture and locomotion of pterosaurs, he showed that Archaeopteryx
could stand in a vertical posture concieveably.

More when I get the articles.....

Matt Troutman