Re: Don't say I never spoiled anything for you

> To get this back on dinos, a good take on the original Lost World IMO is
> Greg Bear's Dinosaur Summer.  Basically the original plot with lots of
> historical value and some nifty evolutionary guesswork (i.e., what would
> dinos be like 65 million years later?)  Anyone else read it?  Any
> commentary?
>
> Chris

Chris ,

I've just finished Dinosaur Summer , and found it very enjoyable ,
especially the personalities given to Willis O'Brien and Ray Harryhausen .
The only real problem I had was with the " Death Eagle " . Something about
a Titanis - style beak and teeth just
didn't mesh to make a suitable nemesis for the Altovenator . Otherwise ,
it's a great book !

Regards , Truett Garner