K mammals

As Chris and Tom have correctly stated- the Madagascar expeditions were
initiated
by Dave Krause as a quest for mammals.  And that quest continues in ernest,
regardless of the dinosaurs, crocs, birds, etc. that we also recover.  We have
screenwashed tons of matrix, and crawled every site with our noses to the
ground
(and we dino-types have done our share of this work as well).  We spend the
school year (when not in the field) picking through matrix in the lab,
searching
for mammal remains.  And as a note: the gondwanathere mammal named Lavanify (a
tooth), recently published by Krause et al. in NATURE, was found while quarying
the Majungatholus skull.  We, like most other field workers, are interested in
the entire fauna, not just the dinosaurs. But unlike dinosaurs, beloved of the
popular press, the other equally interesting animals tend to appear only in the
scientific literature.  And it's a shame.
Cathy Forster