Why Majungatholus?

Can anyone answer this question for me?  In many of the media reports
(ABC, CNN, etc.) I have seen, the Madagascar carnivor has been called
Majungatholus. But if Majungatholus ,the supposed pachycephalosaur,
was described in 1979, and Majungasaurus, the true identity of the
specimens, was described in 1955, then shouldn't Majungasaurus be the
correct name?  If not, are there reasons why?  Thanks to anyone who
can offer a reply.

Ben Landis
FL