Re: Why Majungatholus?

In a message dated 98-05-21 23:08:41 EDT, diverben@yahoo.com writes:

<< Can anyone answer this question for me?  In many of the media reports
 (ABC, CNN, etc.) I have seen, the Madagascar carnivor has been called
 Majungatholus. But if Majungatholus ,the supposed pachycephalosaur,
 was described in 1979, and Majungasaurus, the true identity of the
 specimens, was described in 1955, then shouldn't Majungasaurus be the
 correct name?  If not, are there reasons why?  Thanks to anyone who
 can offer a reply. >>

 See the May 15 issue of _Science_, whose cover story is on _Majungatholus_.