Bakkermania! (was Chasing Monsters)

From: Danvarner <Danvarner@aol.com>

>     Next week: Tips on the Robert Bakker Method for Acting on
Television
>Documentaries using the fingers, eye-squints, and eccentric syntax.

The guy makes me cringe too, which leads me to query the pros: how is
his published work?  I mean the real technical writing, not TDH (which
I've read).  Is it respected?  Does it generally make sense?

He seems to have such an agenda to make dinosaurs smarter than Steven
Hawking and faster than cheetahs that I can't help but reflexively doubt
everything he says.  For example, on a television program he recently
portrayed Coelophysis as the pack-hunting terror of the Triassic, while
I've assumed all along that the big predatory thecodonts would've been
perfectly happy to eat Coelophysis with some fava beans and a nice
Chianti.

Larry