Re: [Re: [feathers]] pt.2

OOPS.  I totally screwed up on answering the question; I got it mixed
up.

Basically all aquatic birds have thick-walled bones, most notably the
ones not capable of aerial flight.  Tube-nosed procellariforms capable
of flight do not show the extremely thick-walled bones of penguins and
loons but do show some relative thickness.  I do know that diving
petrels ( and relatives ) and razorbills ( and relatives ) have
relatively thick bones.  Pelecans seem to have relatively thick-walled
bones.
Extinct, presumably diving flamingos, palaelodids, lack thick-walled
bones.  Ducks also lack extremely thick-walled birds.

Matt Troutman