Majungatholus teeth

There are "Majungatholus" teeth scattered everywhere in the Maevarano Fm., and
they appear on a gross level to be all the same.  However, each isolated tooth
looks nearly identical to certain isolated teeth from elsewhere (Africa, other
localities in Madagascar, even Brazil, etc.).  Until we actually sit down and
study the finer details of these teeth, it's unclear whether we can refer
those
teeth to Majungatholus with certainty.  That is- are these teeth diagnostic for
the species?  Or are they just generalized "abelisaurid" teeth?  The
possibility
always exists that there are actually two taxa of large theropods out there
with
very similar teeth.

Then again, if there turns out to be only one large theropod in the formation
(albeit based on negative evidence), and the isolated teeth all match the
morphology of the teeth in the jaws, then we may hypothesize that these
isolated
teeth are all, indeed, from Majungathgolus.  We need to do more work in the
formation first.

So with those scientific caveats aside-- for now, we always refer to them as
Majungatholus teeth!